Father and Son

Father and Son
Their first walk together.

Both T's at the pasture gate

Both T's at the pasture gate
T2 isn't sure about the goats. They look a little scary.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Firsts

It was great to be allowed to see Easter through the eyes of the children. This was the first time they had celebrated it together. There were a lot of firsts this weekend.

The first time they had dyed eggs, and maybe the last. They splashed dye everywhere. I had a frayed nerves. K soaked her hand in the yellow dye! T2 splashed blue dye onto the carpeted kitchen floor. Don't ask "Why carpet in the kitchen?" Just accept it. Yes, cracked eggs can still be dyed.

The first time the Easter bunny has visited them. "Who is the Easter bunny, and what does he do?"

The first time they had heard the real Easter story. This has prompted me to try a unit study about Easter. I know that it is a little late, but B and T2 won't mind.

The first time they have ever hunted eggs. They couldn't believe that we would hide our real eggs outside. Eggs don't hold up very well with toddlers.

I think they had a good day. I know that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment