Father and Son

Father and Son
Their first walk together.

Both T's at the pasture gate

Both T's at the pasture gate
T2 isn't sure about the goats. They look a little scary.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Big Plans

9-10 They arrived at the place to which God had directed him. Abraham built an altar. He laid out the wood. Then he tied up Isaac and laid him on the wood. Abraham reached out and took the knife to kill his son.
11 Just then an angel of God called to him out of Heaven, "Abraham! Abraham!"
"Yes, I'm listening."
12 "Don't lay a hand on that boy! Don't touch him! Now I know how fearlessly you fear God; you didn't hesitate to place your son, your dear son, on the altar for me." Genesis 22:9-12

Abraham's faith is enormous. Mine in comparison is so small. It is hard for me to wrap my mind around that type of faith. Dennis I lost several babies before they were born. Even with my faith in God, it was very difficult. But, He never asked me to deliberately sacrifice one of my children. I never had to make the decision to murder a child in His name. I can image what Abraham was thinking. "Lord, I am trusting in You to keep me safe when I go home to Sarai!" I wonder what the conversation was like during and after this event between Abraham and Isaac.

I feel like I am neglecting my children, all of them. For the last 8 weeks, life has been about survival. I want to do more than survive. I want to make an impact on my children. So, I am starting a list of things I want to accomplish with each child.

MICHELLE - One morning of yard sale shopping. Helping her make dinner at her house one night. Coffee and dessert one day, just the two of us.
CRYS -Movie together. Shopping by ourselves. Just some time alone to do whatever.
TIFFANY -Several hours away from home without kids. Two solid hours a day of school instruction. Quiet time with just the two of us.
B -Craft time together. Cooking with the adult girls. Serious conversation about what love is. Doing a unit study or 2 over the summer.
T2 -Cuddle time without other kids. Working on a simple craft together. Playing together.
K -Cuddle time. Playdoh together. A simple craft.
N -Cuddle time. Playdoh
F -Cuddle time.
A big item I hope we can do together with all the kids is to go camping.

Now that I have the beginnings of a list, I have to figure out a way to accomplish my plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment