Father and Son

Father and Son
Their first walk together.

Both T's at the pasture gate

Both T's at the pasture gate
T2 isn't sure about the goats. They look a little scary.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Well, we found the new owners of the dog. It had not traveled the 30+ miles from the farm we had sold it to. They had sold it to a family about a mile from our house. They picked her up Monday morning and she came back yesterday. I don't think this is going to work. She wants to be here. We may have to buy her back. What a Bummer!

We finally have babies in the barn. Three of our does delivered on the same day. We have 4 boys and 1 girl. Not too good odds. hey, it could be worse. They could all be boys!

We are through the honeymoon period with B. She has tried everything to see if we still will love her. My nerves are shot. She looks me in the face and lies. If I hadn't seen it with my only beady little eyes I would believe her. She starts the other children then tells on them.

Monday, B rushed in the backdoor and announced that K was playing in water. This translated "drinking from the goat trough." I scolded K. Later B again announced that K was playing in water. K stood wide eyed with water in one of her toys and the front of her shirt and pants were soaked.. She had to sit in timeout. I made sure there was no accessible water in the play area. A very short time later, I witnessed B scooping water out of a previously empty container into a rusty coffee can (one we used in the barn of storing things.) She proceeded to hand it to K, who drank it. I called them all to the backdoor. B denied everything. I sent them to their room to put on PJs and go to bed. No more outdoor play. B had turned on the water faucet and filled a bucket.

Tuesday, everything was great until bedtime. Last night, my youngest bio daughter put T2 and K, the 4 and 2 year old, to bed. B was doing school work. She announced as her sisters went to bed that T2 had on her shirt. T1 explained that it was an accident and after T2 took it off in the morning, we would wash it and put it in the right drawer. An hour later with her sisters already asleep, B slipped upstairs to brush her teeth and dress for bed. She came running back downstairs to get water wearing the shirt in question. It seems that she had woke her sister and made her remove the shirt. I sent her back upstairs and ordered her to return the shirt. She screamed and stomped her feet. The commotion woke my husband. I told B that I was disappointed in the way she acted and that she would have to get up with her daddy this morning so she would better appreciate why he didn't want to be awakened at 9 o'clock. He gets up at 4am. B reluctantly got up at 4. She studied for her Social Studies test until Dennis left for work. In her defense, she never complained. The bus doesn't come by here until 6:45. Usually she gets up at 6:25.

On the down side of life, the doctor told my mom that he was calling in Hospice to help with the pain. Just the word upset me. After trying to analyze everything, I decided to give it over to God. He isn't worried about it. I am going to go see Mother this morning as soon as the bus brings T2 back home. It is usually here by 10:40. That gives me time to feed everyone and get them dressed.

C and Lenny are awake and have fed F. It is so great having Lenny here. I wish she could just stay, but I know she gets bored hanging around the house with a bunch of kids. She is used to keeping busy. Life here is a the slow track.

T1 has to gt up and milk the goats. It is raining and the stands are outside. This should be fun.

Well, I smell dirty diapers. N is crying for breakfast. My phone is ringing in the other room. There is no way I can answer it in time. The day has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment