Father and Son

Father and Son
Their first walk together.

Both T's at the pasture gate

Both T's at the pasture gate
T2 isn't sure about the goats. They look a little scary.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Many times I wonder what I have gotten myself into. I spend the majority of my time talking to a bossy 8 yr old, a defiant 3 yr old, DSS caseworkers (there are 7 of them), therapists, counselors, teachers, school nurses, bus drivers, doctors, or our parent coach. Just in case that isn't enough, I can always spend time at the vets office with a dog or goat. Then I get a hug, wet kiss, smile, or just a wiggly little child wanting into my lap, and I remember. The joys certainly out weigh all the trouble.
A caseworker was here today. She asked her short list of questions, looked at the children's rooms, inspected the fire extinguisher, and spoke to the children. We should have two more DSS visits this month. The Foster Care Review Board is tomorrow. I have to drive 3 hours to the meeting that starts at 9:00.
F and N like to come into the room with the computer and pull all the toys out of the box. Today was no exception. The floor is carpeted with little pieces of fun. They are now picking up the toys and singing the clean up song. A little praise and encouragement goes a long way.
All of the children are "playing" just out of my line of sight. They are screaming and beckering over some toy keys. I stopped typing and offered to let the oldest, Bossy, lead the others into timeout corners since she was leading them in arguing. Surprise! Most of the loud whining stopped.
After supper, I bathed K. Her idea of a bath is to sit in the tub and splash a little water, but not enough to wet her face. She still doesn't like having her hair washed. However she is doing much better. Tonight, she didn't cry. She holds her little hand over her eyes and says over and over,"I'm not crying Mommy. I'm a big girl. I'm not afraid." I reassure her that I'm hurrying and trying to keep the water off her face. Hair washing is one think we both dread. I'm thankful that we don't have to wash hair more than once a week. Unless, K wets her bed, then her hair smells like urine and has to be washed before school. I have started using only conditioner on those days. It goes on like shampoo, cleans and refreshes, and doesn't dry out her hair. While B takes a shower, a.k.a. stands under the water, I put K's hair into pretty twists. I have been wanting to fix her hair this way, but she pulls it at night and when she gets upset. She messes her hair up every  time I fix it. If it lasts through the day tomorrow, I am going to find a way to put a cap on her head at night. Maybe it will help keep her hands out of her hair.
Everyone is in bed. I have to be up at 5 and out of the house with N and F by 6:00. So, I need to get some sleep. Pray that tomorrow that I say the right things and don't speak out of  God's will. The dogs are barking at something outside. Guess, I have to go check on the barn to make sure we aren't having a baby. The kids would be so excited if there were babies in the morning.

Psalm 34:13 - keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies.
 Psalm 35:28 - My tongue will speak of your righteousness and of your praises all day long.
Psalm 37:30 - The mouth of the righteous man utters wisdom, and his tongue speaks what is just.


Disclaimer: I never got back to the computer to edit the post or post it until this morning. I wrote it on Monday,the 11th. My heart is broken and I can't write about it yet. Please pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment